Clean Pumpkin Pie with a grain-free base of pecan nuts and a delicate cinammon and ginger touch. Taste it as a family!
One of our favourite season is autumn, because we can create so many different cakes and pies with healthy ingredients and the pumpkin pie is in our top 5!
We use hikkodo pumpkin, it has a lot of benefits for our health, below some of them:
– Rich in vitamins and contains minerals such as: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, beta-carotene and vitamins A, B, C.
– Helps to heal diseases of the stomach pancreas and spleen, but it also helps ease disorders of kidneys and heart problems.
– Has diuretic effects
For this pie you need pumpkin pure. We recommend you to prepare it yourself. It is very easy and more tasty as it does not have preservatives or any additives. We will explain the process bellow 🙂 .
This pie is perfect for kids, rich in nutrients that gives them energy without spiking the blood sugar, as we use dates that is a natural sugar and is our favourite sweetener.
Clean Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients for the base
• 2 cups of pecan flour (you can put the pecan in your food processor or blender and beat it until you see a flour texture
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1) Mix all the ingredients in your food processor and empty in a pie mold. Press with your fingers, so it will look like on the picture below.
2) Bake at 180ºC for 11 minutes
Ingredients for the filling
• Pumpkin pure – to prepare your own you have to put 1/2 of the pumpkin in the oven and bake for 50 minutes at 220ºC. Then take out the skin and the seeds. (You can save the seeds to use in a porridge for example.)
• In a food processor mix until smooth
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 cup of coconut milk
• 1/2 cup of date sugar (you can prepare yours with natural dates taking out the seed and blend it in your food processor until a sugar texture is aquired)
• 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Way to prepare it:
-In your food processor mix the pumpkin pure and the eggs for 1 minute.
– Then add the coconut milk, dates, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix for a minute or until smooth.
– Empty the mix over the pie crust and heat in the oven at 180ºC for 45 minutes.
– When it is ready, let the pie cool at room temperature for 2 hours and then you can eat it, or save it for later in the fridge.
– As toppings we recommend coconut yoghurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon.